A delicious Thai salad, Som Tam Je is a green papaya salad that combines all four tastes – sour, chilli, sweet and salty. A healthy and tasty treat for brunch, lunch or a casual light dinner.
1. Peel and seed the raw papaya. Shred the papaya and place it in a bowl.
2. Take a motor pestle and crush the garlic with a pestle, add long beans and tomatoes and pound a few times to release the juices.
3. Add the chillies and crush lightly to release the heat followed with some palm sugar and light soy sauce.
4. Mix all the ingredients together and toss it well.
5. Serve in a shallow bowl.
6. Top it up with crushed peanuts for some crunchiness and texture.
Nara Thai Cuisine Mumbai